Friday, August 20, 2010

What's BEST...disable vs uninstall Norton Internet Security while downloading(and using) Avast

I'd like to try the free Antivirus by Avast mainly because I've read so many good reviews about it. I have Norton Internet Security installed currently in my PC. I've read that 2 antivirus programs are bound to conflict w/ each other. Should I uninstall completely my Norton or can I just temporarily disable it while I download the free Avast?



What's BEST...disable vs uninstall Norton Internet Security while downloading(and using) Avast Free Antivirus?nortan antivirus



DUDE!



Uninstall that POS!



I have been a fan of Norton/Symantec since 1996. I followed blindly until 2004 when I finally had enough of the junk and headaches that followed. I used everything from the single stand alone version all the way up to the Enterprise Edition. Since 1999, not much has changed with their service. They added some bells and whistles, yet it does not keep up with what is happening. And they continue to charge more and more. I haven't figured that out yet.



Avast is a great product at a great price (FREE) for home use.



TAKE IT ALL OFF!



Tom



What's BEST...disable vs uninstall Norton Internet Security while downloading(and using) Avast Free Antivirus?nortonantivirus



Just wanted to add. Software reviews are often paid for by the software companies themselves. There is little unbias opinions out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment