Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What is the best antivirus software, how about free antivirus software?

I was just wondering what people's opinion was on the best antivirus software. Download or available for retail purchase, and what people think about the free antivirus programs such as avg, clamwin, and bit defender. Thanks!



What is the best antivirus software, how about free antivirus software?ariel



The best antivirus software (that you have to pay for) is in my opinion two different ones:



Kaspersky- Extremely Secure AV, but really HD intensive excellent choice for desktops



Eset Nod32- Very Low Memory Usage this is HUGE when it comes to a laptop or other mobile device where you might not have the memory to spare like a desktop.



Free AV: Definitely a fan of the open source ClamWin for windows and Clam for Linux, also I like avast but it had trouble getting rid of a couple Trojans that I took care of with bit defender but the problem is windows still says you don't have any anti virus with all the free ones except AVG which as they mentioned is leaving mid January. Hope that helps ;-)



What is the best antivirus software, how about free antivirus software?computers



I still think NORTON is a good anti-virus, I'm into my second year with it and it's never let me down. You get what you pay for in life, free in the end isn't ''free''. My Norton updates it's self, as and when it needs to, NO input from user!
I have used McAfee, Norton and AVG with success, they all have pros and cons and you need to figure out what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment