Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help... My son downloaded a free antivirus programme and saved it in 'my music'?

What do I do? Should i delete it or can I move it?



Help... My son downloaded a free antivirus programme and saved it in 'my music'?computer repair



Did you want the program? If he has not installed it yet, then just delete it and that will be the end of it. If he installed it, you will need to uninstall it.



To uninstall, go to Control Panel, go to Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall Programs, find it in the list, and click on Remove or Uninstall.



EDIT: If he wants it and you do not mind, just cut and paste (move) it to wherever you do not mind having it and run it. If you want, you could even install it from My Music and once installed, delete it. You do not need the original file after installing unless you plan on installing it again someday.



Help... My son downloaded a free antivirus programme and saved it in 'my music'?free antivirus



You can move it.
If you want to keep the installer just find it in the folder it is stored in, copy it and then go to the desktop and paste it there. Then go back and delete the original installer.



You move it and also save it in this way. ''Send to desktop'' merely creates a shortcut to the installer on the desktop, it does not transfer the installer itself there.
move it, if not open 'my music' and the window you want it in (or the desktop) and drag it along. best thing to do is select it press 'move file to...' and select where it wants to be moved to
it will be the installation file that he saved - it makes no difference where it is run from, it is where you install the program to that matters
You can do either... it wont do any harm.
find the programme..



right click %26gt;%26gt; send to %26gt;%26gt; desktop.
remove it in add remove programs., just go to control panel., add remove programs., good luck



  • turn off computers safe mode
  • mole on your skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment